Takaaki in the anime.
|Zodiac sign||? (Possibly ♓Pisces; see "Speculation" section)|
|Hair color||Black (anime TV series)|
Brown (visual novel and OVAs)
|Friends||Konomi Yuzuhara (childhood friend)|
Tamaki Kousaka (childhood friend)
Yuuji Kousaka (childhood friend)
|Game debut||To Heart 2|
|Manga debut||To Heart 2|
|Anime debut||To Heart 2|
|Japanese CV||Jun Fukuyama (福山 潤) (anime, drama CD, Pachislot To Heart 2)|
Yūki Kaji (梶 裕貴) (To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers, To Heart 2 DX Plus)
Takaaki Kouno (河野 貴明 Kōno Takāki ) is the main male protagonist in To Heart 2. He is the childhood friend of Konomi Yuzuhara and Tamaki Kousaka whom he sees as a younger sister and older sister, respectively. He is a kind young man who, despite his shy nature around girls, is often very kind to them when the situation arises.
In the first To Heart 2 anime that aired in 2005, Takaaki has 'greenish' black hair and brown eyes.
In the OVAs and additional episodes, his hair changes to brown as it is in the visual novel.
Despite his shy nature, he is always kind and he can't refuse to help someone out when they need it.
Not much is known about Takaaki, but his parents leave him home alone because of business in the beginning of the series.
- The name Takaaki means "tall, high" (貴) (taka) and "bright" (明) (aki).
- Takaaki's surname Kouno means "river" (河) (kou) and "field, wilderness" (野) (no).
- In the visual novel, Takaaki spots a fortune-telling magazine in Konomi Yuzuhara's bedroom when invited over to help with math homework; she's trying to determine the degree of compatibility between herself and Takaaki, which is stated to be maximum. Since Konomi is a ♍Virgo, the best possible star-sign match Takaaki could be for her would be ♓Pisces - assuming the compatibility was being reckoned with astrology. random word
- In the anime, Takaaki has blackish green hair instead of brown like he does in the games, which was corrected in the OVAs.
- In the anime, it is noted that Takaaki has an aversion to most girls except for Konomi Yuzuhara and Tamaki Kousaka, whom he has gotten used to, having known them since childhood.